How to Re-enroll
To keep your access to health services, Participants must reapply for Healthy San Francisco every twelve months. This means that every year, you must meet with a Certified Application Assistor to fill out a new application and submit recent copies of some documents.
There are two easy steps to renew your participation in Healthy San Francisco:
- Watch for your yearly renewal notification letter in the mail. The day you are accepted into Healthy San Francisco is called your anniversary date. You will receive a renewal notice in the mail about 90 days before your anniversary date each year that you participate in the program. If you are unable to receive notices by mail, call your Certified Application Assistor for help.
- Once you receive your renewal notice, make an appointment with a Certified Application Assistor at your Medical Home. Their contact information will be in the renewal notification letter you receive. It is your responsibility to make sure that you renew before your anniversary date each year. Failure to renew each year will result in your disenrollment from Healthy San Francisco.
If you move, be sure to call Healthy San Francisco Customer Service right away at (415) 615-4555. If we do not have your most current address, you may not receive the renewal notification and you risk being disenrolled from the program.
During the year, you may be disenrolled from Healthy San Francisco if you:
- Move outside of San Francisco
- Obtain health insurance
- Become eligible for government-sponsored health insurance such as Medi-Cal or Medicare
- Do not pay any required Participation Fees
- Are found to have made untrue statements in your application or renewal materials
- Abuse the program
Participation in Healthy San Francisco is based on the availability of funding from the City and County of San Francisco. Program rules, including who can enroll, what services are included, the cost of participation, the availability of various Medical Homes, and the cost of medical services may change without notice as deemed appropriate by the City. Should changes to eligibility, fees, or services occur, program Participants are notified once a year.